I'm back on track, yay! This morning I had my labs drawn and my white count is 3.4 and my ANC is 2.7 which is the important one now. If it goes below 1.5, I am considered neutropenic and I really don't want to go there. Last week it was 1.6. My red counts area all still below normal, but not low enough to stop treatment. I asked Dr. Te a few questions about that today. He says if both the white count and the ANC (absolute neutrophil count) are low, he will hold off treatment. The red counts are a different issue, and if they are too low, he would stop treatment too for transfusions.
So he is looking at a few different things to determine my course. The treatment went well today. No reaction at all, I even got some reading done. Coming home I am feeling a little loopy and wobbly, but that's from the other medications probably.
It sure is interesting each time I sit in that chemo room. First of all, I notice that I am always the youngest one. Today's average age had to be mid to late 60s. But it is comforting to sit with them all and hear their stories, and their attitudes, and how they cope. So many of them have been through so much, it is just hard to believe. It is also comforting to be in the company of others who are feeling what I'm feeling and going through the same course I am. And the chemo nurses are just awesome. So smart, and so caring. Anyway, I'm back there tomorrow and Wednesday.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment